The find your careers via careercruising.com thing that’s going around is fun.
9.Cable Installer and Repairer
12.Optical / Ophthalmic Lab Technician
14.Foreign Language Instructor
17.Public Policy Analyst
18.Musical Instrument Builder and Repairer
29.Electrical Engineering Tech
30.Electronics Engineering Tech
32.Security Systems Technician
35.Dental Lab Tech
40.Farm Equipment Mechanic
I’ve actually done some of these, so they’re not off too badly. In fact, I think I could do any of them. I should save this list.
LA Observed posted some of my corrections about the late lamented L.A. Reader. Yay.
Via nefas, the You are Such a Dork Chain Letter “Meme” Thing:
List 5 reasons you are a dork. And make them good reasons. Justify them. Explain them. Be loud and proud of how big a dork you are! Then pick the 5 biggest dorks you know and have them do the meme.
- My job title is “Senior Unix System Administrator”.
- I am a licensed amateur radio operator.
- My first career was rock critic and arts journalist.
- I went to work for AOL as an online “Guide” in 1991 because I was spending too much money playing their online D&D game and needed free access.
- I laugh out loud, geeksnorting, at the cleverly multilayered cultural references in Umberto Eco’s novels.
Hm, five biggest dorks I know? Competition here is stiff, so I’ll just kinda pick five of the people I know, almost all of whom are dorks of some type.
Y’all are tagged.
Hollywood hunks Ben Affleck and Christian Slater’s antics at a Canadian strip club last summer are reportedly being made into a new movie.
Much improved LJ rare interests “meme” thingy:
behind this cut