I note that other journalers have detailed their entire Holiday Experience. This is Real Work so I won’t do it. I present highlights below:
- A Brazil moment: watching an Orange County Sheriff’s Deputy search people with a dog in the airport terminal while “The March of the Tin Soldiers” from The Nutcracker played on the muzak.
- I saw the birthplace of the monster truck in Kitty Hawk, NC.
- I ate at the Iron Chef’s restaurant in Philadelphia and it was horribly horribly expensive and worth every penny. I recommend Morimoto absolutely.
- My family is only medium dysfunctional so I had a pretty good time with them back East. They’ve figured out that I’m less psychotic if I get lots of time to myself.
- New Year’s Eve was spent just hanging out and talking with friends, not much alcohol, lots of conversation, and a very nice relaxing time for me anyway.