- Things I observed taking the long way home from downtown through southeast Los Angeles today
- Norms Restaurant with neon failure renaming it NOMS
- Burger joint with neon failure resulting in BUGERS
- Small business offering INTERNET AND COMPUTER HELP $2/HR WEB / MESSENGER / MYSPACE
- Cop trying to fix his own cop car
- One out of five businesses of any kind offering free wi-fi
- Things I lost today and then recovered
- My wallet, which fell out of my pants and then under my car in the garage at work. Found during trip back to garage from office.
- A credit card, which fell out of the wallet as the wallet fell out of my pants, arriving at a point under the car eight inches further. Found during second, more frustrated trip to garage.
- A check worth way more than I can afford to lose, found in wrong envelope in small stack of things to throw away on seat of car.
- Sunglasses (TWICE)
- Things heard on the emergency services radio on my scanner in the last week
- Robbery with suspect being sought: six foot three male wearing oversized foam cowboy hat and carrying (stolen) inflatable parrot toy
- Fire consisting of a “fully involved roll of toilet paper”
- The Rodriguez brothers again
- Person returning once again to store where he had stolen the same thing six times
- Phrases I heard at the Harbor & Adams Starbucks on the way home
- “Standing in the studs”
- “The Asian lady at the post office was particularly durable”
- “Street monster”
- “It was like I just kept flipping over rocks and seeing the same bugs each time”
Published by substitute
View all posts by substitute
7 thoughts on “A series of lists”
On Bridge Street in Manchester there’s currently a TARBUCKS.
Norms: We Never Close
I always imagine that the employees would tell you, “Lord, how we want to, but they just won’t let us! Please, just kill us now!”
“It was like I just kept flipping over rocks and seeing the same bugs each time”
A really concise description of dating. In fact I wonder if dating was what that person was talking about.
love this post.
Los Hermanos Rodriguez don’t approve of drugs.
I thought of the exact same damn thing! Haha
Iggy Pop: Repo Man
I’ve been doing this site since June and it’s on fire, 7000 unique hits a day and it’s been attracting *interest*: stonerparty.
I’m sure you heard how our pal Georgina just zoomed into the virtual stratosphere – it’s time to get paid!