Skip to content
- The Nobel Prize in Medicine very properly went to the researchers who proved that stomach ulcers are caused by infection. Not too many people seem to know about this one, but it was a huge discovery and their tenacity in defending their results changed uncounted lives for the better.
- Good piece on plagues and pestilences here. Warning: scary and kinda gross in bits.
- My favorite headline of the day: Pheromones may be used to herd alien fish.
- “All it will take is a cross-continental array of submillimeter telescopes to effectively create a single telescope as large as the Earth. ” Ah, well that’s no problem then!
- I want to balance rocks on each other for a living too!