1. One of the employees at Diedrichs is a curly-haired, dreamy, epicene young man who wears Big Rave Pants in his off-duty time. His girlfriend showed up the other day. She is a slow-moving bovine girl who constantly wears an Insane Clown Posse sweatshirt. Drugs are bad.
2. An affable madwoman at church on Sunday was trying to sell Christian Science to the guy behind me, while the guy behind her mumbled in tongues. I think I might need some place more ..structured.. or I’ll get distracted. It’s like trying to attend a lecture on moral philosophy at a health food store.
3. Sesame seeds improve almost all foods.
4. An essential piece of equipment for hanging out at my coffee house is the iPod. Between the hideous screeching of the Sunday Morning “Classical” group and the drunk bartender next door howling out his joy and rage at the world of sports, headphones were DE FREAKIN RIGUEUR yesterday.
5. The casualty list from heroin and speed among D’s employees is getting out of control. They’ve got to stop using that place as a halfway house; it’s a business for goodness sakes.