Going through the alumni of my college radio station (1984-1987 roughly) is weird.
So far I have found:
- Several programmers and other tech types
- Four attorneys
- A publicist who represents among other things an African art dealers’ association and Sammy Hagar’s drummer
- A senior VP of technical services at a big movie studio
- A producer of two good bigtime successful movies
- A producer of two bigtime not so good movies
Others I know of have ended up in “new media”, or at record companies, or even in radio. The only one I’m still really friends with is a musician. The others I’ve mostly had a very hard time dealing with. Leaving the entertainment field, which I did in about 1989, is like leaving a religion. Even if you don’t get shunned you never feel comfortable around the insiders again.