landsend.com has this thing called “virtual model” wherein you put in your height and weight and nose shape and a bunch of other body metrics and it then generates an unearthly, bizarre image of yourself which you can dress up in their clothing.
- Accentuate the vertical line of your body.
- Reduce the appearance of volume at all levels
- Choose three button jackets to elongate your silhouette.
- Regular point collars and wide lapels are best.
- Vertical stripes, small prints, and dark solid colours are ideal.
- Stick to supple, light to medium weight fabrics.
- Avoid horizontal stripes and large pattern prints.
- Stay away from stiff, bulky or heavy weight fabrics.
- Spread or round collars will accentuate your roundness.
- Try to stay away from tops and bottoms in contrasting colours, as this will break the vertical line of your silhouette.
- Don’t wear clothing that is too tight but remember, clothing that’s too baggy adds excess volume.